Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tip of the day

Bothrops can make you speak

During the 2nd week of February, 2009, I was examining the patients at my clinic when my daughter informed on phone in a shrieking tone that Mama had suffered a sudden stroke and lost her voice. I excused with the visiting patients and rushed to my home. On my way to home, I was so perplexed that despite my best efforts, I could not recall a single remedy to my mind for this ailment. In fact, I was in a shocking condition and feared as if I was losing something very precious. As I entered the home, my wife was continuously rubbing the left side of her neck with her hand and trying to speak out her ailment with a rolling tongue in her mouth. Doubting of a facial paralysis, I gave 2 drops of Causticum-1M in some water which she swallowed without pouring it out of her mouth. After an hour, I administered Lachesis-200. As I observed, there was no distortion of face which invalidated the chances of paralysis. Blood Pressure and pulse were quite normal, grip of hands was OK. However, my daughters insisted me to visit the hospital for thorough medical checkup.

The Doctors could not ascertain the cause of this stroke that rendered my spouse speechless as all the tests including ECG, Blood CP and even the CT Scan of brain were normal. During the process of these tests, I kept on administering Causticum which showed some improvement in the speech with utterance of broken words as if intoxicated. Nevertheless, I carried on exploring the right remedies which could fully restore her speech. Finally, I was convinced by Bothrops Lanceolatus the characteristics of which have been stated in the Materia Medica of Dr. William Boericke as ‘Inability to articulate without any affection of the tongue’. I therefore started giving it in 200 potency and the patient was seen on the path of further improvement within the next 24 hours. On her complaint of pain and stiffness of neck, Cimicifuga-200 and Lachnanthes-30 were also alternated with Bothrops being the principal remedy. It took about 10 days to restore her speech. Now she is well communicative and even shouts whenever something wrong is committed against her will. Thanks to Allah and Bothrops, all family members are happy to find her back in normal life.

Homeopathic Dr. Sultan Mahmood,
Hillview Avenue, Rawalpindi
hdrsmahmood@hotmail.com

No comments: